It is important to think about the environment and our Earth. If you own a business and you want to move an office, how to make your relocation green? You can move your office and stay eco-friendly during relocation, at the same time, you only need some tips and a guide to follow.
Small steps can make a huge difference
Besides relocation, you can make your office eco-friendly too:
- Start a sustainability team for your office and you will have a more successful recycling program.
- Create monthly green challenges, for example, one month without plastic bottles. The winner will get a prize.
- Turn off electronics, lighting, and heat every evening, and don’t waste energy when you don’t have to. Besides that embrace renewable energy.
- Go paperless. Moving is a great way to start over. Move your office and stay eco-friendly by digitalizing everything you can. Get rid of papers and use virtual memory.
- Get indoor plants for your office.
- Maximize natural light.
How to move your office and stay eco-friendly?
Keep your move as green as possible because it is not hard. Even if you are moving your home too, not only your office, you should be eco-friendly. Reduce the amount of waste, use eco-friendly materials, and find other eco-friendly solutions.
Here are some of the ways that will help you with this process. Of course, you need to know how to move an office, but bring this task to another level and do it like a pro.
WEEE recycling is the recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment items. For example, computers, microwaves, phones, printers, tablets, etc. Safely recycle those items if you cannot use them anymore. Or if you want to buy new equipment, you can donate your old equipment to new businesses.
Recycled packing materials
Before you start packing your office, choose the right packing supplies for your move. Consider using recycled moving boxes and compostable packing supplies. Also, don’t move unnecessary items because you will need more packing materials, which is not good. This way, you can save money on your relocation and be eco-friendly, at the same time.
After the move, reuse the waste and packing supplies. Recycling all the card packaging and paper packing used on jobs and in your new office will help you with waste. Think eco-friendly after moving too, not only during the transportation process.
Hire green movers
Move your office and stay eco-friendly with help of a moving company. When looking for movers, make sure they are experienced and that they are eco-friendly. What does it mean? A green moving company has systems in place to reduce the quantity of packing materials or they use eco-friendly vehicles.