When moving to Florida, or moving from Florida, or anywhere else, people have a lot of thing in their minds. Packing, transferring documents, adjusting to a new environment, etc. One of these problems and questions to solve and answer before moving is how to choose the right moving service in Florida. It is not a big obstacle if you have tips and a little help.
Types of moving service
A moving company is really helpful, but only if you choose a reliable and experienced company. First of all, you should know what type of help you want for your relocation. Of course, there are different kinds of moving assistance options, and you can choose the best option for you.
- Full moving services – if you want help from start to finished, this option is for you. A moving company will take care of everything. From packing to unloading items from a moving truck and assemble your household items in your new home.
- Self-service moving – if you want only transportation service without packing, unpacking, loading, and unloading, this is an option for you. Even in this case, you must choose the right moving service in Florida to transport your belongings safely.
- Partial service – this is a good option if you want help just in some part of moving. For example, you can hire a moving company just to pack your items or to load and unload your belongings from truck or van. This option is the most common.
- Truck rental services – if you have experience in moving and driving a truck, and you want to do everything by yourself, you may rent a moving vehicle. This is also called a DIY move.
- Specialty moving company – if you have special items to move such as piano, hot tube, antiques, cars, wine collection, you will definitely need a moving company that can handle these items.
- Storage service – it is a good idea to rent a storage unit if your new home is not finished yet, or it is not too big for all your furniture and items especially when you are moving abroad and you do not know where to put them.
Tips to choose the right moving service in Florida
Now, when you know what type of moving service you want, it is time to choose a moving company in Florida. By following these simple tips, you will not make a mistake. The company should provide you with the best service, and that will be possible only if the company is professional and reliable.
Start on time
When hiring quality movers in Florida, you must start on time. Do not wait until the last moment to start searching moving company. This way you will have more options you can choose from, and also more time to research a company you want to hire. Moving is already too stressful, so do not make it more difficult than it is. As soon as you find out that you will move, start finding the best moving service.
Make a list of moving companies in Florida
Get recommendations and make a list of companies to check out. Ask anybody, your friends, family, neighbors, etc. We may recommend Best Cross Country Movers because they have a lot of experience and they are reliable. Also, you can contact them anytime you want and ask them anything you want about moving. Their professional employees know the answers.
Check insurance and license of movers
Do not hire a moving company without insurance and license. No matter how much you liked them in the first place. It is easy to check online. Spend a little time exploring and be safe. You never know what may happen during the moving process, so better be safe than sorry.
Be a detective
Besides checking the company’s license number and insurance, there are a lot of things to check too. It is important to pay attention to details and to keep an eye out for red flags. For example, you will know something is wrong if they ask for a large deposit, or there is not a company’s name on a moving truck and t-shirts, etc. Open your eyes and have a safe relocation. There are many benefits when hiring a professional mover, but only if you are sure they are reliable.
Get an in-home estimate
When you choose the right moving service in Florida, a moving company should come to your home and give you an estimate. There are also online calculators, but you will get the most accurate price when a moving company gives you an in-home estimate. Especially if you want to have a packing service. The amount of your household items is very important. Also, if you have some obstacles such as stairs, the price will be higher.
The balance between price and quality
Money is a big factor when moving, but you should not be too cheap. There are many ways to cut your moving expenses, but you should not choose a moving company according to their price. On the other hand, it does not mean you should choose the most expensive moving company. Pick the golden middle and you will get the best quality and service. You can always negotiate with a moving company and get a better price.
What is included in that price?
Ask a moving company you want to hire, what is included in the price you will pay for the service. Beware of hidden fees. For example, if you hire a full-service, ask if the boxes are included in that price or any other packing supplies. Or if you want to rent a moving vehicle, what is about fuel, is it included in that price or not? You should have a clear picture of what you are paying. Choose the right moving service and get the best deal at the same time, for that service.