Are you moving soon to Park Slope or moving from Park Slope, NYC? How to make your relocation stressless and fast? The answer is – by finding reliable movers in Park Slope. But, how to be sure you are hiring a good and trustworthy mover? NYC is a big city with many different moving and storage companies. Park Slope is part of Brooklyn, located in the northwest. Neighborhoods that are near are Gowanus, Red Hook, Prospect Heights, South Slope, Boerum Hill, Windsor Terrace. All of them are very popular. It is easy to get lost and confused. Even if you are not moving for the first time, hiring a moving company can be very stressful. After all, it is a big responsibility. Your items will be in their hands.
Tips for finding reliable movers in Park Slope
Hiring a company you can trust is a key to a successful relocation – long-distance or local one – it does not matter. But, you should hire a company that is reliable, reputable, and experienced. You will need a guide to follow, and we assure you that you will find a company in Park Slope or areas near Park Slope you can hire.
Start searching online
First, start by searching online because it is possible to find and hire movers online. Today, every reliable company has its own website, not only in NYC but in the entire world. Every company will invest time and money on a good website and digital appearance. Use Google search and you will find a lot of different movers from Park Slope and neighborhoods around.
Ask friends for recommendations
If you know someone who moved recently, ask about recommendations. Ask friends, co-workers, neighbors, relatives, etc. If they are satisfied with a moving company, there are big chances that you will be too. A lot of people recommend Capital City Movers NYC because they have a lot of experience and they know how to handle a move with ease.
Check a company’s license number, insurance, and verify their address in Park Slope. A mover must have a number issued by the Department of Transportation and you can check all information on the FMCSA website.
Read moving reviews
When searching online, there will be plenty of information about the company. So, check online moving reviews from past clients. What they have to say? But, make sure you know how to recognize fake reviews because you will find them too probably. Visit social media profiles, websites, Yelp, BBB, and other sites that can help.
Get an in-home moving estimate
Ask a couple of companies for an in-home moving estimate and then choose a company you liked the most. Every reliable mover from Park Slope will send an estimator to your home to evaluate all the items you want to move. This is a perfect way to evaluate moving companies and to make sure they are trustworthy.
Ask about additional fees
When finding reliable movers in Park Slope, you must know the accurate price of your relocation and there shouldn’t be any hidden costs. If you want additional services such as packing, storage, assembling, disassembling furniture, etc. you must ask about those costs. You can be charged for moving special items or if you live on higher floors.
Read the moving contract carefully
Before signing up the moving contract, read it carefully, and don’t sign a blank contract. If you don’t understand moving terms, ask for help. You must understand all the terms and then sign it.
Avoid moving scams
Hire a crew that knows the neighborhood you will move to. Streets in NYC are crowded, busy, and loud. Hiring a local moving company will save your relocation and you will be more relaxed. To hire quality movers, know how to recognize red flags and to avoid scammers. These are some details to pay attention to when choosing a moving company in NYC.
- Moving inventory – a mover must take inventory of all your belongings during an in-home moving estimate, either in person or through a virtual survey.
- Get a thorough walk-through – an estimator who will take a quick walk-through is probably not an estimator of a reliable moving company. Also, he/she will ask questions about what you plan to move and what will stay there.
- Don’t pay a large deposit – a company that asks for a too-large deposit (or to pay before moving) is probably not a company for you.
- Don’t hire a company with a name switch – make sure that a mover has a local address, a license, and insurance.
- Get references – ask a mover for a couple of references (customers from your area). Call those references and ask for their experience with a company.
- Beware of extra fees – part of organizing your moving is calculating moving costs. Before hiring any mover, ask about the costs and make sure there are no hidden fees.
- Avoid blank moving contract – after finding reliable movers in Park Slope, it is time to hire them and to sign a contract. But, don’t sign a blank or partially filled contract.
- Report any problem – if you had any negative experience with a moving company from Park Slope or surrounding areas, report it. Right after moving, open your boxes and make sure everything is there.
Finding reliable movers in Park Slope does not have to be that hard, especially not when you have this simple guide to follow. Don’t hire the first company you will find and pay attention to details. NYC relocations are often complicated and more expensive, this is why you need to be more organized and to prepare everything in advance. Good luck with your upcoming relocation!