If you are moving in a hurry you won’t have much time to think through certain things. That’s why we decided to help you out by telling you everything you need to know about it as moving in a hurry isn’t easy at all. Moving in a hurry will require a lot of good organization and planning. You won’t be able to slack and be lazy. Everything will have to be done fast. But it is very important that you stay as calm as possible throughout this whole process even though it will be very hard.
The first thing you must understand is that this is the time when you need to work smart and not hard. You will be overwhelmed and working hard will come naturally. But working smartly is something you will have to do on your own. The first thing you must do is hire a moving company. If the move is a last-minute one, you simply won’t be able to do it all on your own. So hiring a moving company when moving in a hurry should go without saying. But make sure you still hire a good moving company such as movingofamerica.com. Having a good moving company is always important but it is extremely important when you are moving in a hurry.
The next thing you are going to do is get the necessary supplies. But before you go out and purchase these items, check to see what you have around the house. You surely have some old traveling bags that you can use for packing clothing or breakable items. Here are the supplies you will need:
- packing peanuts or bubble pack.
Work with a strategy when moving in a hurry
When you have to move in a hurry, you will need a strategy first like. If you are moving alone, it is best that you pack one room at a time. Going all over your home and packing in a random order will only make your move more stressful and less organized. And we already said that that is the wrong way to do it. Don’t think too much about how you are packing as you are in a hurry. Just make sure you secure breakable items with bubble pack and fill the empty space in the boxes with packing peanuts for extra safety. If you need to organize your military relocation properly, follow these tips too.
Order of packing
- Attic and basement – if you have an attic or the basement, you want to pack them first. These two rooms are rarely used and are therefore the dirtiest. You won’t have fun while packing them so it is best that you pack them before you pack anything else.
- Living room – the first room you should pack is your living room as you won’t need it too much during this time. Start with the bookshelves and knick-knacks and other decoration pieces. These are the things you don’t need to have around while packing. Living rooms are usually the easiest to pack too. Once you pack all the small items it is time to pack your TV and other electronic appliances that you have in your living room. This step should be done with extra care as these things are breakable and expensive.
- The dining room and kitchen – even though you use these two rooms on a daily basis, you won’t need them while you are packing and moving in a hurry. Just make sure you leave out some utensils and plates so you can eat. The kitchen takes the longest to pack as there is a lot of stuff in the kitchen. Utensils, plates, pots, spices, food.
- Bedrooms – packing your bedroom is easy. All you have to do is empty out your closet. Don’t think about how you are packing your clothing. You can simply put your clothing in big plastic bags and secure them with tape and you are done. But also leave out some of the things you will need for the few days of the move. If you have children, leave their room for last. Children need their rooms for homework, studying and playing.
- Bathroom – Your bathroom is the last thing you should pack. Bathrooms are usually full of cleaning supplies and all of these can go into one box. There are some tips on how to pack up your bathroom and it isn’t a bad idea to check them out just to make it a bit easier.
Even though you are in a hurry you should still declutter. And believe it or not, it is best to declutter when you are in a hurry as you don’t have too much time to think about if you need that item or not. It is best to simply throw away immediately anything that you feel like you won’t need in your new home. But don’t throw all the items away, some items can be donated or sold online. This is a nice way to help someone out or earn some extra cash for your upcoming move. It is also important to have in mind that the less stuff you are moving, the smaller your moving company expenses will be. And your move will be smaller, therefore, easier to handle.
Packing furniture sounds like a serious task but it really isn’t. All you have to do is wrap it in bubble pack or clear plastic foil to protect it from getting damaged. This won’t take much time out of your day so you can leave this step for last. If you packing for an urgent local move, this is the best way to do it. But if the move is long-distance you might need to add some extra safety.